I would like to trade this 750cc engine from a 1972 R75/5 for a dependable car as a straight swap. I can add some cash if you have a good offer.
The engine is located in Southern Ontario. Logistics TBD, but local deal Cambridge/Buffalo/Detroit/Erie +/- 150mls preferred. The engine can be crated and shipped at cost though.
The engine has 26.923mls and comes with the original (!) frame headstock plaque (Photo 1, Photo 2). During a major maintenance at 22,291mls, the frame with the VIN #2988429 was found to be bent beyond repair and thus destroyed by the person attempting the repair (name on file).
Engine is completely assembled, carbs and air intake tubes are not included but can be had for a price.
My price idea for the entire engine as described is $1,300, carbs and air itake tubes $200 if you buy the engine.
The engine has been stored properly since November 2005:
The engine has not been run since.
- inside barrel and piston crown sprayed with fogging oil, engine in TDC for storage
- drained and replaced the motoroil plush a new oil filter
- removed carbs, disassembled, cleaned and oiled lightly, dry storage
- covered all openings (carb intakes, airfilterbox, silencers etc) with WD40 soaked cloths
As to the engines history:
This engine was installed in my R75/5 when I first got it with 20,427mls on the odometer. The odometer worked at the time, so I assumed the mileage to be correct. At 22201mls the following major maintenance was performed:
A 10day/4000mls trip was done in 2005 with the refurbished engine (see ride report here), with no issues. The engine has now 26,923mls which is assumed to be the correct mileage. I can only vouch for the last 6,500mls.
- timing chain, guide and spring were replaced
- pushrod seals replaced
- pistons were de-coked but not removed from cyclinder
- bottom cylinder and head gaskets replaced
- Camshaft single lip oil seal: 12x25x8
- timing cover upper single lip oil seal: 28x47x7
- timing cover: paper gasket
- points cavity seal: 3.2mm diameter
- oil pan: paper gasket
- oilfilter cover: paper gasket
- Crankshaft output single lip oil seal: 100x80x10
- oilpump cover O-ring: 65x2
- clutch thrust rod: seal
Cylinder heads, barrels and pistons
Both pistons are Grade B pistons, 81.975mm diameter with matching barrels.
Go to top ...